The perfect accessory for your outdoor space!
Outdoor umbrellas are an essential accessory for enjoying the great outdoors while providing protection from the sun and other elements. Whether you're relaxing by the pool, dining on the patio, or simply soaking up the sun, an outdoor umbrella is the perfect solution for keeping you cool and comfortable.
Types of Outdoor Umbrellas
There are several different types of outdoor umbrellas, each designed for different uses and environments. Some of the most common types include:
- Beach umbrellas: Lightweight and easy to carry, beach umbrellas are designed for use at the beach or other outdoor areas where you need protection from the sun. They typically feature a simple design and a tilt function to allow you to adjust the angle of the shade.
- Market umbrellas: These are larger, heavier umbrellas that are designed for use at outdoor markets, cafes, and other commercial settings. They often feature a crank-lift system to make it easier to open and close the umbrella, and they may also include a tilt function.
- Patio umbrellas: Patio umbrellas are designed for use in outdoor living spaces, such as patios and decks. They come in a variety of sizes and styles, and they can be mounted in a variety of ways, including in the centre of a table, on a stand, or on a wall mount.
- Cantilever umbrellas: These umbrellas feature a unique design that allows them to be mounted off to the side, rather than in the centre of a table. This makes them ideal for use in areas where you need to be able to move around freely, such as a hot tub or outdoor seating area.
Outdoor umbrellas are made from a variety of materials, including:
- Fabric: The fabric used to make outdoor umbrellas is typically made from polyester, which is water-resistant, UV-resistant, and easy to clean. Some high-end umbrellas feature fabric made from materials like Sunbrella, which is specifically designed for use in outdoor environments.
- Metal: The metal used in outdoor umbrellas is typically aluminium or steel, both of which are strong and lightweight. The metal is typically coated with a rust-resistant finish to help protect it from the elements.
- Wood: Wooden umbrellas are typically made from teak, which is a durable and weather-resistant wood that is often used in outdoor furniture. Wooden umbrellas are often considered more stylish than metal or fabric umbrellas, but they are also more expensive.
There are several features to look for when choosing an outdoor umbrella, including:
- Size: Outdoor umbrellas come in a range of sizes, from small beach umbrellas to large patio umbrellas. Choose a size that will provide adequate shade for your needs.
- Tilt function: A tilt function allows you to adjust the angle of the umbrella to provide more or less shade as needed. This is especially useful if you'll be using the umbrella in a location where the sun moves throughout the day.
- Crank-lift system: A crank-lift system makes it easy to open and close the umbrella, and it is especially useful for larger umbrellas.
- UV protection: Look for an umbrella that provides protection from harmful UV rays. Some umbrellas are specifically designed to block up to 99% of UV rays, which can help protect your skin from damage.
- Water-resistant: If you plan to use your umbrella in areas where it may rain, look for one that is water-resistant to help keep you dry.
Outdoor umbrellas are a must-have accessory for any outdoor space. They provide essential sun and weather protection, enhance the aesthetics of your outdoor area, and are available in a range of styles, materials, and colours to suit your personal taste. So, whether you're lounging by the pool, dining al fresco, or simply relaxing in your backyard, an outdoor umbrella is the perfect addition to your outdoor space.